Please read below for updates and reminders concerning parking at Ferber Elementary. Safety is our number one priority, please follow all posted signage.
Parking is at a premium at Ferber. We ask that parents DO NOT use the parking lot located in the front of the building because we have many district employees who work at Ferber on a part-time basis, and it is helpful to their schedules if they don’t have to find places to park.
Please observe the No Parking signs around the block. The City of Appleton has issued the following reminders to schools regarding signs posted on the streets:
- No Parking on School Days – May be used to drop off or pick up students if the driver does not LEAVE the vehicle. Vehicles parked without a driver are subject to a $20.00 parking fine.
- No Stopping, Standing, or Parking – These areas must not be used as a drop-off zone. They are created for the safety of the students and violators are subject to a $40.00 fine.
- All parking restrictions around schools are created for the safety of the students. Do not drop your child(ren) off in the parking lot or the circular driveway from 8:00 to 8:30 AM. Please do not use the parking lot or circular driveway to pick up children from 3:00 to 3:30 PM.
- Barriers will be in place at the entrance and exits to the school driveways between 8:00 and 8:30 AM and from 3:00 – 3:30 PM. When these barriers are in place, please do not enter the driveway or parking lot for the safety of everyone.
- If you have a child on crutches, or otherwise in need of handicapped parking, please check with the office and we can issue you a special parking lot pass so that you may enter without a problem. We must leave these areas free of congestion for safety of all students and for the school buses arriving for students.
- Drive slowly at all times around school.
Please take special note to always use caution when you are dropping off or picking up your child, especially on inclement weather days. We encourage you to drop your child(ren) off on Capitol in a safe area and have them walk up the sidewalks to the school building. We also ask that all parents and students use the sidewalks to get to and from the building
The circular driveway may be used for picking up and dropping off your children between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. You may also park your vehicle for short periods of time in that area between 8:30 AM and 3:00 PM. We do ask you leave room for buses and other vehicle traffic to get through.
Please find more information in your student's handbook.